Ship Management , Shipping & Maritime
Netherlands or Germany
Selling maritime transport or heavy lift project solutions and generating revenue by developing market potential for existing and new markets. Become a Commercial Manager for the Chartering Department.
My Client's heavy transport vessels transport the kind of cargo that doesn’t fit on a regular truck or ship. Think of wind turbines, renewable components and even naval vessels. Knowledge of the maritime sector, engineering and project management are needed to translate the wishes of our clients into an all-in transport solution over land and sea. And that’s where you come in. As a Commercial Manager, you make it happen. You’ll be part of a company that is intent on making a difference by moving the transition of energy and industry around the globe.
- Analyse strategies, develop innovative solutions and seek to maximize value for the business within your assigned region.
- You’ll develop, find, identify and pursue opportunities for maritime transportation for our (potential) clients.
- Together with your team members you will ensure that potential leads and contracts are followed up to meet commercial revenue and profit/growth targets within your region.
- Calculating, evaluating and managing your own voyages from a chartering perspective is main part of your work.
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active and visionary, you are an expert in building relationships and knows that winning commercial projects is a matter of patience.
- You build strong relationships with our (potential) clients and are not looking for a quick profit.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or equivalent;
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience, preferably in the maritime sector;
- Good understanding of engineering;
- Experience with ship chartering, preparing pre-qualifications, voyage calculations, indications, offers, and tendering documents.
We my Client offers:
Challenging and varied work (full-time) at a fast-growing international company. With plenty of flexibility and freedom, including hybrid working a week. Theyt offer a good salary (based on your availability, knowledge and experience), 8.33% holiday pay and a monthly contribution to your health insurance (€110 gross and € 20 nett). In addition, you participate in their bonus scheme, a non-contributory pension and premium-free invalidity insurance. You’ll also get 25 days of annual leave.