Ship Management , Shipping & Maritime
Our client is an internationally renowned ship manager who are currently expanding their fleet over the next 3 years. Our client are also diversifying currently by bringing new vessels to their fleet to respond to the ever increasing need of mobile production platforms. They currently manage a sizable fleet of LNG vessels as well as offshore assets, tankers and dry cargo ships.
Due to the ever expanding fleet at our client they are in need of a new Fleet Manager to help support a group of their vessels. You will be overseeing a group of 6 LNG ships supported by your team made up of marine and technical Superintendents. This is a brilliant role for someone wanting to work as a Fleet Manager in a busy atmosphere but also one where you are strongly supported. The small team of Fleet Managers all work closely to help each other and you can expect to see a lot of comradery in the department. You will be expected to be the core point of contact for your fleet and obviously manage day to day people management tasks.
To be suitable for this role you will:
- Have sailed as a Chief Engineer.
- Sailing time at sea as a Chief Engineer.
- Have worked with LNG ships extensively meaning a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Potentially be stepping up in to your first Fleet Manager job having been a Technical Superintendent but you must have at least 5 years’ experience in being a Superintendent.
- FSRU experience desirable.
- Additional understanding of electronics would be an advantage.
- Willingness to move to Malaysia
This is a highly attractive role for a person that’s aspired to become a Fleet Manager for a while and seeks the extra responsibility. It would also suit someone who has Fleet Management experience already but is hunting for a new company to work for and enjoys working in the LNG space. You will be offered an excellent salary and benefits package as well as relocation assistance should it be required.