Shipping & Maritime
Consortio is working with an exemplary ship management company in the search for their new Head of Finance. With the business going from strength to strength, it is now critical to the growth plans of the business to have a highly experienced and driven leader to spearhead the next chapter of the brand’s success.
Day to day, you will manage the company accounts and lead the finance function for the Atlantic operations. Reporting directly into the Managing Director, you will be tasked with the timely completion of accounting functions, management of the daily cashflows and preparation of the rolling P&L / cash forecast for the review of external shareholders. What makes this role standout however is the opportunity to put your stamp on the way this is done; someone who can harness and apply their experience for the betterment of the brand whilst embodying an open-minded approach to your own continual, professional development.
To be eligible for this role, you will:
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in finance and controlling areas
- Hold an in-depth knowledge of accounting according to HGB & IFRS
- Bring several years of relevant management responsibility in a comparable position
- Have a high affinity for IT and to be familiar with the implementation and use of ERP systems
- Possess excellent time management skills, flexibility and have advanced interpersonal and communicational skills
- Be fluent in German and English
- Hold a strong knowledge of the maritime industry
With the current Covid restrictions, the company is accommodating a flexible homeworking / office-based setup, with the expectation to be in the office 2-3 days per week. Further to this, the salary reflects the responsibilities and will pay upwards of the current industry standard, whilst offering a bonus, strong holiday package and welcoming workspace / office atmosphere.