Marine, Shipping & Maritime
South East England
Consortio have partnered with a European MSP and networking solutions company who provide bespoke and off the shelf smart network solutions to the maritime industry. Our client focuses directly on connecting their customers, no matter where they are in the world, with their business circles, assets and markets by designing, installing and maintaining their products on board commercial ships as well as super yacht, ensuring truly global coverage. The assist with out clients growth, they are looking for two flexible IT engineers to join an experienced and dedicated team.
In this role as IT Engineer, you will be expected to manage a variety of 1st to 3rd level customer support requests as well as aid troubleshooting issues with both 3rd party products as well as those that our client designed themselves. The successful candidate will also be required to integrate a range of networking solutions, and on occasion, travel internationally and work directly with clients onboard their vessels.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 4 years’ experience in an IT Engineering role – preferably with an MSP.
- Experience using Windows Server, VMware and Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange Server, Virtual storage solutions.
- A strong understanding of Firewall products.
- A solid understanding of Cisco networking equipment (2/3/4/9000 series).
- The right to live and work in the UK – EU/UK Driving license.
If you are an IT engineer looking for a role with travel, the ability to work with some of the largest and most luxurious vessels in the world or change which end of the industry spectrum you work on, this could be the role for you! Get in touch or apply!