|Sector(s):||Maritime & Shipping|
Our client is a sizeable ship management company who have a deep foothold in both the dry and wet markets. With offices in all the core shipping locations you will always have the opportunity to progress and develop inside of the group. They have an open and positive management style with a policy of team work and a non-micromanagement mentality. This is a company that looks great on a CV and you can expect a long and prosperous career with them.
At this time our client seek a LPSQ Superintendent to join with them and help with the growth of their fleet. This role has been created due to a promotion and movement of certain responsibilities in the group. You will be working from the most dominant office in terms of developing and implementing new loss prevention, safety and quality methods for the fleet. You will be engaged in working with vessels specifically managed from our client’s office in the UK. Our client wants to see significant improvement in measuring the effectiveness of changes they make across the fleet and ascertaining how they might develop solutions that provide the best results in other core areas of their business. They are on a constant drive to increase their safety record and you will be at the sharp end of this issue.
To be successful in your application you will:
- Be a qualified Chief Engineer or Master Mariner.
- Have worked at least 3 years in a HSEQ/LPSQ role for a ship manager.
- Having worked with tankers would be a plus but not essential.
- Hold the right to live and work in the EU.
- Have a positive and helpful personality that fits in with teams well.
- Be able to write fluent and excellent English.
- You will be tested on this through the interview process.
Our client offer excellent working conditions which includes a healthy basic salary plus company benefits package. They have proven time and time again to promote from within as well as focussing on managing people as individuals.