Ship Management , Shipping & Maritime
Consortio have partnered with a leading shipping company who have a stronghold over the transportation of both dry cargo and chemicals. They are renowned for unparalleled service and commitment to safety. During the last 5 years they have expanded their fleet size form 30 ships to 50 and are looking to grow by another 6 ships this year.
At this time our client is seeking a Marine Superintendent to oversee a group of dry cargo vessels. You will take control of all commercial agreements made such as charter parties to identify all appropriate obligation of our client and the vessels Master concerning the service provided. You will monitor the effectiveness of the vessels operations as well as participating in the planning for vessel maintenance. You need to review all your ships form a point of loss prevention and always identify areas of improvement in safety. This will require close liaison with the LPSQ team.
To be successful in your application you will:
- Be a qualified Master Mariner.
- Have sailed as a Master for 2/3 years or at least Chief Officer on dry cargo ships.
- It would be useful to have experience on shore as a Marine Superintendent or an Assistant Superintendent.
- Hold the right to live and work in the EU.
- Have a positive and helpful personality that fits in with teams well.
- Must be able to write fluent and excellent English.
- You will be tested on this through the interview process.
Our client offers excellent working conditions which includes a healthy basic salary plus company benefits package. They have proven time and time again to promote from within as well as focussing on managing people as individuals.