|Sector(s):||Jobs at Consortio|
|Salary:||£26,000 to £29,000 Per Annum|
|Additional Benefits:||Bonus, Commission, Team prizes, away days & international travel|
Consortio is currently looking for a Recruitment Consultant to join our team. Our Maritime team works with clients who own, operate and manage all of the ships that work all over the word. Our business is very international and most of our business is external of the UK. We work with candidates earning between £50/250k a year and support them in finding new and exciting roles.
What is your job day to day?
Your job is to build a desk a bit like building your own business. You need to be an entrepreneurial minded person who thrives off hunting down opportunity and then using this opportunity to make money.
Day to day you will spend your time:
- Researching clients
- Making sales calls
- Advertising vacancies
- Searching our database for candidates for roles you have available
- Networking through headhunting methods to source new candidates
- Working with candidates to ensure they are fully prepared for the interviews they attend
- Negotiating – terms of business and employment contracts
- Closing deals!
You will be personally mentored by the Managing Director of the company who has spent 10 years in the industry and has trained and developed over 40 recruitment consultants in his time. He will break the training down in to bite sized bits so you will always be learning something new every day and week. We have a structured training program that also includes regular reviews during your first 6 months until you’re ready to go it alone.
To be suitable for this role you will be:
- Confident and positive as a person.
- Able to talk to anybody regardless of age, race, background and hold conversations easily.
- Not scared to be out of your comfort zone, instead you will find this exciting.
- Able to think your way out of problems by thinking on the spot.
- Gift of the gab certainly helps!
- Able to talk people around to your point of view.
- Keen to learn about new things and find research interesting.
- Able to sit in an office for 8/9 hours a day at a desk.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- The ability to speak to people in a professional manner.
- Money motivated! At the end of the day this a target driven and money-making environment. If you’re not keen on making as much money as possible you will struggle in this role.
- Handle pressure. If you get stressed easily you will find this role hard. Sometimes you will be behind on your targets. This needs to motivate you to work harder, not worry and stress.
- Industry leading training meaning you will fully understanding how to be a Recruitment Consultant.
- Earning between £26/30k in your first year if you only meet target. It’s possible to earn more against our uncapped commission scheme.
- Second year earnings are £36/43k and third years £47/56k. Again, you can seriously over perform against these. By your third year if you’re good you could earn over £100k which many people who have worked for our MD in the past have!
- As a growing business, we look for people that can develop with us. If your long-term aim is people management, we can accommodate and train you through a career path to meet these objectives.
- We have monthly, quarterly and yearly prizes up for grabs.
- We do team prizes and incentives to get everyone to pull together.
- We do drinks and an early finish on a Friday if a deal has been done that week
- The office has a huge TV in it which has leaderboards for all sorts of figures. It helps you know exactly how you’re performing against others in the office which creates a fun but competitive atmosphere.
Find us on Instragram to see the kind of things we get up to! Consortio_Recruitment