Marine, Shipping & Maritime
A global multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy has asked Consortio to lead a search for a Principal Maritime Design Engineer to join their team in London or Eastern Scotland. Our client employees nearly 3000 people globally, but focus the majority of their operations on a large scale European project, particularly in the renewable energy and maritime markets. Our client is looking to add several highly skilled and dynamic professionals to their near-shore marine team after seeing a significant increase in demand for their services over the last 12-18 months.
As a Principal Maritime Design Engineer you will be expected to lead all design activities across the UK, as well as assist the Norther European teams carry out design work for a number of projects running simultaneously. You will be working in the Marine, Geotechnical, Tunnels and Bridges team (MGTB), focusing heavily on ports and harbours structural integrity design and calculations. To be successful in this role, you will also be an accomplished technical and feasibility report writer, as well as have the ability to translate those reports into more digestible presentations for the end client.
To qualify for this role, candidates must have:
- A suitable degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- A minimum of 12 year’s post graduate maritime design experience
- Experience working across international borders or multinational projects
- A desire to continue working in a fast paced and technical focused environment
- The ability to speak and write in fluent English
- A British or European Passport (based in the UK)
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a global organization with a very clear path to management. To find out more, please get in touch!