Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Consortio have partnered with a European design house who specialise in the design and engineering of some of the worlds largest and modern super yachts. Our client is looking to take advantage of a strong financial year as well as ever-growing order book by expanding their team to take on a Senior Naval Architect. Our client has a modern office located near Amsterdam and close to a number of the busiest shipyards in Europe and would like to find their next team members to add to the current group of 20 staff members to take the company to the next step.
In this role as a Senior Naval Architect/Senior Project Engineer, you will be expected to have expert technical knowledge, including CFD, incline testing, and weight estimates – but you will also be expected to mentor and manage some of the more junior marine engineers and naval architects working on your projects. With a focus on broad conceptual and basic design, you should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while also managing your teams time efficiently. You will also be expected to liaise with other parts of the organization, including the commercial, technical, and sales teams.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A degree in Naval Architecture or Ship Science
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Naval Architect
- A demonstrable track record of working with super yachts
- A strong technical background – CFD, weight estimations, stability and incline testing as well as conceptual and initial design
- Fluency in English – Dutch a bonus
- Right to live and work in EU
This is a great opportunity to work for a stalwart of the superyacht industry, so to find out more, please do apply or get in touch!