|Sector(s):||Marine, Maritime & Shipping|
Consortio have partnered with one of the largest Classification Societies in the world who are looking for a Senior Engineer to join their team in London. Our client is committed to improving safety standard throughout the constantly evolving marine industry by using the latest technology to tackle the industry’s most pressing safety and reliability concerns.
In this role as a Senior Engineer, you will be joining a highly motivated team of Engineers who are responsible for the plan review and approval of a variety of marine vessel drawings and documentation. You will be responsible for ensuring all vessel designs meet the statutory regulations and class requirements, covering the structural, stability and tonnage aspects. This is a role where you can, over time, grow your own desk and develop prosperous client relationships as well as develop your own career path with clear job and career progression.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A degree qualification in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Experience in a shipyard, design/consulting office or class society
- A working understanding of Class Rules and Statutory regulations – SOLAS, ICLL, MCA LY3 etc
- Excellent communication skills – Fluent in English
- To be comfortable working independently
If this is a role that sounds suitable for you, please apply or get in touch!