Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Consortio have exclusively partnered with a fast-growing and distinguished consultancy that specialises in Defence/Naval design and engineering. Our client is always looking for talented individuals to play a part in their ever-expanding organization. With new defence contracts being regularly awarded, our client has seen a constant upward trajectory of organic growth over recent years, and because of this, our client is looking to solidify this growth by recruiting for a Senior and Principal level Naval Architect to join their busy team and work on new defence projects, as well as have an input on team management and development.
In this role you are expected to be involved in every stage of a vessel’s design and construction life cycle. We are looking for somebody experienced in both structural and stability analysis, as well as an individual who can handle the pressure of working on several projects at once. Due to a rapidly expanding team, it essential that the successful candidate can successfully to divide their time between all of the design and engineering teams, mentor and lead less experienced members of the team, as well as communicate clearly with the end client to ensure their specifications are met.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a BSc/Ba in Naval architecture or Ship Science
- Have achieved/be looking to achieve membership of RINA and Chartered engineer status
- Have defence vessel experience
- Be confident in demonstrating your skills with Rhino, Seasafe, or Paramarine
- Be a communicative individual with a positive outlook and a strong customer focus
- Be capable of achieving SC-Level UK security clearance
If you want to work for an intricate and tightknit organisation as well as have the opportunity develop your personal and professional development into management positions then this could be the role for you. Please get in touch or apply!