Shipping & Maritime
Bonus, AWS payment, pension, company mobile & laptop, health care and holiday
Our client is an international ship management company with a combination of owned and chartered vessels.. They operate a select fleet that includes heavy-lift vessels. Their global brand stretches beyond the maritime industry and across different parts of the world. The main driving force behind this success is their commitment to maintaining their position as an industry specialist, which is underpinned by the principle that attaining this relies upon building good working relationships at every level. Our client are located in Singapore and are a growing entity in the shipping industry. Due to their need for new talent, they are looking for an experienced technical superintendent (or manager) to join their team as soon as possible.
The role is for a Technical Superintendent who will be responsible for all technical aspects of the 4 heavy-lift vessels under their command. You will ensure all vessels are compliant with the most recent maritime legislation. In this role you will also oversee the dry-docking process of the vessels you are responsible for. You may also be required to travel to inspect your vessels whilst they are on a voyage.
A successful candidate will:
- Have sailed as a Chief Engineer (preferred) or Second Engineer on heavy-lift vessels.
- Have at least 3 years of shore-based experience working in a similar role.
- Have either worked with 4-stroke engines while sailing on heavy-lift vessels or in a shore-based role (Technical Superintendent).
- Have sailed on lengthy / global trade routes.
- Be a Singaporean, a Singapore P/R, or already in Singapore on an active employment pass (Mandatory).
Our client is offering a generous salary which reflects experience, as well as a discretionary bonus, AWS payment, Pension, company mobile & laptop, health care and holiday allowance.