Ship Management , Shipping & Maritime
Our client is an international ship owner that provides a number of services for the maritime industry. With offices located in 20 different countries they are truly a global force that has a reputation for reliability, quality and efficiency with a fleet of dry vessels in their ownership. Due to expansion and cooperate reorganisation in their Hamburg office which has seen two senior management changes they are looking for a Technical Superintendent to help support the management of their Bulk carries.
You will be overseeing bulk carriers ensuring the crew are performing their jobs correctly and keeping up with all work required by the PMS system. You will coach and develop engineers on board your ships to be the best they can be in their roles and provide day to day technical support to your ships. You will manage vessel budgets and operating expenditure as well as dealing with the planning and implementation of dry dockings as required.
To be suitable for this role you will:
- Hold a Chief Engineer licence.
- Have preferably sailed as Chief Engineer or 2nd Engineer on Bulk/Container vessels.
- Have existing shore based experience preferably with bulk carriers.
- Be combatable with planning and maintaining fiscal budgets.
- Be prepared to travel up to 2 months of the year.
- Hold an excellence command of the English language.
Should you be successful with your application you will be provided with a competitive salary, healthcare, pension and personal bonus. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow within a dynamic organisation that will support your own ambitions.