Ship Management , Shipping & Maritime
Our client is a large global organisation who hold interests in many different aspects of shipping including ship management. Due to the vast numbers of ships they look after internationally they train their own crew and are always seeking to increase the standards to which they educate. At present they have a need in their maritime training academy so are seeking to hire someone to come and back up the pre-existing and experienced team of trainers.
Currently they seek to hire a Training Superintendent with deck experience to come and help train up both cadets and experienced officers. The role is broken in to 3 core parts. The first is helping get cadets ready for their first trip ever on a ship. These cadets haven’t ever set foot on one before so it’s all about getting them as best prepared as you can. The second and third core parts of this role are looking after experienced officers in two groups. The 2nd Officers and also the Masters. The training that will be provided to them will be a mixture of navigational skills and soft people management skills. You will also be required to use bridge simulators to help train all levels of officers. As much as course content has been written in the past these do need an overhaul especially some of the bridge simulator courses so it will be important that you’re willing to build your own training modules.
To be suitable for this role:
- You will be in possession of a class one ticket deck side.
- You will have sailed as at least a Chief Officer and have time on tankers.
- You will be an excellent communicator (your written and spoken English must be near perfect).
- You will be a dynamic person who would easily be able to hold the attention and respect of rooms of students.
- You can come straight from sea in to this role but people will be considered as long as they have been at sea on tankers in the last 3 years.
- You will have the right to live and work in the EU and be in a position to start this assignment in the next 4/6 weeks.
You will be offered a comfortable salary plus benefits package and will also be offered some relocation assistance. This role will see you educating the future seafarers of tomorrow as well as trying to improve the current standards across the fleet. This is a chance for you to really make a difference to the industry and you will have the freedom to create and build your own courses and content.