Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Please call for more information.
Consortio, in collaboration with a leading company dedicated to ensuring the safety of Britain's busiest inland waterway, is seeking an experienced Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) Officer. The company operates the most advanced port control service, promoting the secure movement of leisure and commercial vessels and actively encouraging the use of the river for trade and travel. With responsibilities for 100 miles of river, environmental protection, and user safety, this company plays a crucial role in waterway safety.
As a VTS Officer, your primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and efficiency of navigation and the protection of the marine environment within the VTS limits of London. This role involves establishing and maintaining a vessel traffic image, facilitating timely interaction with vessel traffic, and providing various services to ensure safe navigation. You will utilize computerized VTS traffic image display equipment, maintain sound communication skills, and adhere to standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Ensure the safe and efficient delivery of a VTS Information Service, Traffic Organisation Service, and Navigational Assistance Service in accordance with IALA standards.
- Monitor and regulate marine traffic to ensure compliance with local, national, and international regulations.
- Operate and monitor equipment for communications, data collection, data analysis, and the establishment of a vessel traffic image.
- Control and coordinate the movements of Harbour Service Launches to facilitate the safe movement of vessels within the port.
- Respond to marine incidents, initiate and implement emergency procedures, and liaise with emergency and allied services as needed.
- Maintain a log of all incidents, accidents, and relevant events within the area of responsibility.
- Report VTS equipment deficiencies to the Duty Port Controller/VTS Supervisor and submit Service Portal and rectification reports.
- Provide support to Shipping Coordinators as required by VTS operational procedures.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Hold a valid V-103/1 VTS qualification with a valid MCA VTS Certification Log or possess marine qualifications such as STCW or relevant professional qualifications in a comparable industry.
- Hold a valid V-103/1 Operators/Simulator Certificate, a V-103/3 Local Endorsement, and MCA VTS Certification Log Book.
- Sound communication skills with expertise in standard marine navigational vocabulary and message markers.
- Regularly undertake refresher training, simulator training, continuous professional development (CPD), VTS annual assessment, and revalidation of the MCA VTS Certification Logbook at 5-year intervals.
This role offers a permanent contract with extensive benefits, providing opportunities for career progression within the multinational company. The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary.