Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Please call for more information.
Consortio has partnered with an exciting company dedicated to keeping Britain’s busiest inland waterway safe. They run the most up to date port control service and they see the safe movement of thousands of leisure and commercial vessels every year. They are responsible for 100 miles of river as well as protecting the environment and keep all users safe, they also promote the use of the river for trade and travel. Due to their continued success they are looking for an Assistant Harbor Master to join their company.
As an Assistant Harbor Master you will be undertaking the investigation of navigational and byelaw infringements and to also retain evidence to establish the causes of incidents and near misses. You will also be enforcing the removal of illegal moored vessels and dealing with any vessel licensing issues throughout the waterway.
To be eligible for this role you need to:
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Have a Boat Masters License, STCW COC or another relevant qualification.
- Be able to obtain an MCA approved UK Harbor masters certificate.
- Have excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Able to work under pressure and time restraints independently.
- Be able to speak fluent English.
This role offers an opportunity to join an exciting, multinational company on a permanent contract with endless opportunities to succeed and progress within your career. In reward there are extensive benefits and furthermore, an extremely competitive salary.