Site & Construction, Construction
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Tidworth / East Wiltshire - Main Contractor
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients and we are requiring a Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join them on their major construction works projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading high end building construction organisation for the county as well as for most of the South of England. They have an office within London, but this role will be based out of their Berkshire office. Their traditional ethos and expert craftsmanship has built a reputation for high class refurbishments and renovations of country homes, as well as period town houses and listed properties. The company also constructs bespoke new houses for private clients, both contemporary and traditional in style.
With a turnover of £60M per year they are growing year on year in their history spanning over 60 years, this is a very strong time in their history to be joining them.
- To assist the Senior Surveyor and members of the commercial department in managing all costs relating to building projects.
- HNC in Construction or relevant Degree level qualificationDetailed knowledge private residential building contracting.
- Awareness of property taxation matters and contractual law
- Have a good technical understanding of traditional and modern building methods and products associated with refurbishment and new build projects of both traditional and contemporary design in the prime and super prime residential sector.
- Have a good working knowledge MS Office – Intermediate level of Excel
- To be able to write clear and precise communications which might include detailed and complex figures, calculations and specific building information.Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn construction management IT packages.
EXPERIENCE & BEHAVIOURS
- Act in a manner befitting the status and responsibility of an Assistant Surveyor and of the image of the company.
- A practical, logical and methodical approach to thinking and problem solving
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors
Negotiable for the right person.Must live within 1hr commute to Newbury - Berkshire
Adam at Consortio Recruitment Group is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.