Site & Construction, Construction
Construction Health & Safety Advisor
Scotland - Site based, Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients who are a leading Tier 1 Construction company based in the UK and Ireland. They have been established for over 95 years. Our client is Ireland’s top 3 building companies. In 2011, they was established to undertake projects throughout the UK from offices in London.
They are a leading company in large scale construction with with their UK company having a particular focus on small to medium scale civil engineering and industrial projects.
The initial project will be located in Dundee, and you will be covering other sites in Edinburgh, Glasgow and potentially Aberdeen. There will be travelling involved and all expenses / accommodation is covered as part of your package. You must be happy with travel in Scotland.
What we are looking for is an experienced Health & Safety Advisor who has been involved in civil engineering or construction and happy with site based working. Ideally you are a structured, academically-strong, stand-alone Advisor, happy to take direction & support from a visiting Safety Manager.
The roles will site based, and will be on a permanent basis and not freelance.
Scope of work –
The projects you will be initially working on..
Warehouse /build refurbishment projects which involve –
concrete floor slab,fit out,M&E ,weigh bridges,fencing,car parks,drainage,steel structure and cladding envelope
HSEQ Advisors Basic Requirements
- Hold a UK driving licence
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of civil works in construction environment.
- Have a valid CSCS card
- NEBOSH General (desirable)
- IOSH membership (desirable)
Personal Attributes of an “ideal” HSEQ Advisor
- Have a “helpful” approach in closing out EHS related issues with the project.
- Be a Team player and a personable mannerism.
- Be able to engage with the audience when delivering Toolbox talks/ lessons learned
- Be proactive when approaching tasksHave a dynamic, “think outside the box” approach
- Have the confidence to raise issues with the project team/subcontractor/ client
- Have a desire to Learn and a want to challenge yourself.
- Negotiable and very competitive for the right person.
- Annual salary review.
- Car Allowance or Company vehicle – fully financed or car allowance
- Full Pension scheme – company contribution of 10%.
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Structured Career Development.
Adam at Consortio RG is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence. Direct line 07999 992 109 /02380 981216