Site & Construction, Construction
Basingstoke - Covering Hampshire & berkshire
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients and we are requiring a Contracts Manager to join them, on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading high end building construction organisation for the county as well as for most of the South of England. They have multiple offices across the South of England, but this role will be based out of their Dorset office. Their traditional ethos and expert craftsmanship has built a reputation for high class refurbishments and renovations of country homes, as well as period town houses and listed properties. The company also constructs bespoke new houses for private clients, both contemporary and traditional in style.
With a turnover of £60M per year they are growing year on year in their history spanning over 60 years, this is a very strong time in their history to be joining them.
As part of our clients Basingstoke Large Projects Division, you will be joining a highly experienced team to complete large scale projects of high value and complexity. You will be based predominantly on site, with a typical project duration of 1-3 years. From new builds to period refurbishments upwards of £10m in value, no two of our projects are the same and you will be given the opportunity for continual challenge and growth.
To assist Pre-Construction throughout the bid stage and, after handover, provide leadership and direction to multiple project teams. To be responsible for the successful completion of projects so that they are delivered within the contractual timescales and meet or exceed the anticipated profit margins. ?To work collaboratively with the General Manager and other key personnel to champion best practice and ensure that projects are delivered to the high standards expected. To work in the best interests of Directors, Stakeholders and subsidiary companies.
- Project Management
- To direct and coordinate all project activities, including overall responsibility for the performance of the assigned projects
- To manage multiple projects concurrently
- To set, review and implement project strategy
- To drive project strategy and progress by making necessary interventionsProgramming, using Project Commander software, to manage, review and update the following on an ongoing basis;Long and short term construction programmes
- Reporting, including base lining Delay analysis, including identification of cause and effect
- To provide contractual and internal reporting
- To create and manage documents eg IRS, CDP tracker
- To manage change, to prepare a site logistics and project execution plan, including review and implementation
- To deliver design coordination and management where CDP is a requirement, such as subcontractor design, directly appointed design consultants, temporary works, Pre construction activities, Programming, methodologies, logistics, scaffold schedules, etc
- To understand the principals of commercial management
- To understand JCT contracts; To manage projects in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions
- To manage notifications, claims and disputes
- To work proactively with your commercial team members and oversee the following:The procurement processes and account management of Trade / subcontract packages
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPEREINCE & BEHAVIOURS
- The management of projects with a value of between £2M and £6M
- The management of multiple projects running simultaneously
- Understanding and managing complex project informationManaging projects whose complexity require multiple processes and programme revisions
- Technical and construction knowledge
- A relevant construction qualification eg) NVQ in Construction Management. Contemporary construction methods and detailing Traditional construction methods and detailing, Conservation and listed buildings, Basements and RC substructures, Indoor swimming pool construction
- Competency in the use of IT software packages including as a minimum, Outlook, Word, Excel etc. Use of document filing systems, Project Commander and PDF editing
?41 hours per weekworking Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 17:30 and Friday 08:00 to 16:00, with a 1 hour break each day
- Salary + Car Allowance
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- 5 days Company Sick Pay entitlement
- 4pm finish on Friday
- Individual Private Medical Insurance
- Workplace Pension
- Free on site parking
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.