Site & Construction, Construction
Consortio Recruitment Group have partnered with our client to hire a construction Estimator. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business in the Midlands. In the current climate they are still super busy, growing and aggressively hiring. As a main contractor specialising in developing prestigious new homes with superior specifications this is a fantastic time to join a company that builds communities, not just homes.
The role will be based in one of their offices in Chesterfield and working in a small commercial team that is growing. The role initially will be based in the office 5 days per week, so being in a commutable distance is advised. WHY JOIN OUR CLIENT? What they can offer you is working on luxury builds, a very competitive package, stability and no worry of redundency in the current climate, great promotion projections, a company that is still selling all their homes and still excelling in what they deliver.
To assemble and appraise new land opportunities to deliver fully costed appraisal in working through clear and detailed technical drawings information for measurement take-off purposes. To ultimately deliver a complete budget cost appraisals and help assess its viability prior to bid. Also maintain these with regular updates to ensure robustness of the appraisals.
Technical Drawings / Data
· Understand and with the ability to take off quantities from technical drawings and form a concise budget.
· To hold a good working relationship with Land, Technical & Sales teams to attain greater knowledge of the new developments to ensure robust appraisals are delivered.
· To prepare accurate build cost information for inclusion within the appraisals.
· Maintain build cost updates and various tracker information.
Road, Sewers & Abnormals Cost
· Take-Off and assemble detailed measurements to form cost budgets for proposed roads and sewer, including working closely with technical teams to maintain up to date information. To include any enabling works and site set-up costs.
Construction & Sales Prelims
· To ensure correct calculation periods are input relating to construction and sales estimated costs on site.
New Land Visits
Land visits may be necessary prior to initial appraisal take-off to gain a better understanding of the sites potential constraints.
If you are a Construction Estimator and have house building experience, 3-5 years and can work independently and are highly motivated and resilient, then please forward your CV in the first instance.
All communication is treated in the strictest of confidence. Adam Lindsay is managing this role.