Civil Engineering, Site & Construction, Construction
Hook - Hampshire
Office based role
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with a client who are a leading company within the demolition and waste management sector. With a long and proud history and a family run organisation, they are now one of the largest privately owned demolition and waste management businesses in the UK. their origins started on a family farm over 60 years ago in the waste management sector, and branched out into sectors, demolition, waste management, aggregates, and concrete.
They are now having over four hundred employees and a growing annual turnover of £65M.Their services now include demolition, asbestos removal, remediation, earthworks, waste management, recycling, virgin, and recycled aggregates as well as an award-winning ready-mix concrete made using recycled aggregates.
This is fantastic opportunity for a commercially aware Estimator, from a civil / earthworks sector or the demolition sector, to take on the role of Estimator within their demolition contracting division.
The size, complexity and geographical location of the projects vary considerably. Projects are estimated to a value of £1M in value within a 30-mile radius. we projects are throughout the South of England and, occasionally, beyond on larger projects. You will understand JCT standard forms of contract or similar.
- Preparation of tender submissions for all allocated work
- Engaging with specialist subcontractors, suppliers, designers, and utility companies (or similar) to ensure competitive an accurate tender is submitted
- Establish the resources required for each project
- Measuring and take-offs from drawings to Build-up of tender price from first principles based on plans, programme, and scope of works
- Cost Planning
- Producing bills-of-quantities
- Pre and post Contract meetings with clients
- Proactively seek new leads and fostering new clients
About you / experience
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Microsoft Excel)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally this should be within the demolition industry or earthworks
- Understanding of legal requirements for tender
- Be able to maintain good relationships and build confidence with clients, consultants and colleagues.
Can be negotiated and extremely competitive in the current market
Adam at Consortia RG is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence. Direct dial 02380 981216