Civil Engineering, Site & Construction, Construction
RC Frame background
To carry out the estimating function for Reinforced Concrete Substructure and Superstructure packages on different types of building and civil engineering projects. To prepare accurate estimates from bill of quantities, specifications and drawings and ensure the specified deadlines are met
Consortio Recruitment Group have partnered with one of our clients who as a business are one of the leading concrete frame & superstructure construction companies in the UK. There projects consist of commercial, residential, transport infrastructure, stadiums, car parks and stadiums. With people at the heart of their business they are looking to bring on another talented Estimator to join them on a permanent basis. Working on some of the most innovative projects in London, you will be joining a company who's core value is their people and the heartbeat of their business.
As a key member of our very successful Estimating team, you will play a significant role in helping to secure new work for the business. Working closely with our highly experienced estimators, you will be involved from the initial enquiry through to securing the tender. The role will enable growth and development through a team culture of support and encouragement.
You will be involved in all aspects of Estimating with knowledge and duties including:
An understanding of the principles of measuring quantities from specifications and drawings, with a basic knowledge of standard methods of measurement.The quantification of construction materials through detailed, diligent, take-offsProduction of BoQ’s with descriptions for pricing, working closely with the Senior EstimatorThe ability to raise technical or information related queries with the client during the tender process.The use of computer systems and software for estimating and measurement. An understanding of groundworks and RC frames would be a benefit.
- Estimator experience with a main contractor
- RC Frame experience
- Well organised, efficient, and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently and work on own initiative where required.
- Good attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to flex requirements to meet the needs of the business.
- Computer literate – MS Office, including Excel and Word, as well as proprietary estimating software (e.g. Conquest, Causeway or CCS).
- Ability to understand and question the tender documentation including the Structural Engineer’s design information.
- Detailed knowledge of the costs of labour, plant and material.
- Construction related degree (Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying) or demonstrable sufficient work experience.
- Experience as an Estimator for a RC Frame contractor (Sub & Superstructure
- Package is dependent on the person and experience
To find out more about the role then please send through your up to date CV. Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.