Site & Construction, Construction
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our large construction companies who are working on some of the UK, s most high profile construction projects. My client has a solid pipeline of work for 2023 and have a portfolio of exciting projects – including heritage/refurbishment, new-build & industrial schemes.
We are looking for an Estimator to work within our dynamic and forward-thinking Pre-Construction Department based in Manchester. The role for the successful candidate will involve responsibility for the management and preparation of tender submissions and bids in accordance with company processes and procedures reporting to Board Directors.
My client promotes professional development and progress with a successful candidate’s role to include the following:
- Work across a wide range of sectors and projects with varying teams to adopt an estimating strategy accordingly
- Work on a variety of tendering and cost preparation formats including singe stage competitive, 2-stage, negotiated, cost plans and budgets
- Manage incoming tender documentation including addendums and instructions
- Collate tender enquiry documents and issue to subcontractors and the wider supply chain
- Undertake a detailed tender analysis and evaluation process of returns for compliance, scope review, accuracy of quantification, preliminaries / attendances, T&C’s
- Participate in assessment of subcontractor and supply chain selection (detailed tender evaluation process) to determine full specification compliance and robust pricing returns
- Ensure that the appropriate quantification measures and checks are undertaken
- Work within wider Pre-Construction team in compiling bids with coordination and interface between operational, management, planning and design management functions.
- Maintain commercial and market awareness including demonstration of build/Sq Ft rates for appraisal assessments and cost planning
- Maintain awareness of current construction techniques and use of contemporary materials.Provide continuous feedback and ensure this is maintained with the wider Quantity Surveying department – obtaining actual project costs and conducting analysis of market prices/live cost data to assist with benchmarking
Key attributes will also include:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Products including Excel
- Use of estimating software packages including Conquest and associated measuring tools such as Conquest On-Screen Take Off and Onsight
- Good and effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Contribute creative and innovative ideasSelf-motivated and organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full UK Driving License
Negotiable dependent on experience
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence. 02380 981216