Site & Construction, Construction
Construction Estimator/Quantity Surveyor
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of clients who are fantastic construction company who have been established for over 50 years. They are a company built on family and family values and 50% of their workforce have been with them 15-20 years. Growing year on year, this is a fantastic time to be joining them.
To manage and oversee new tender enquiries and undertake Estimating/Quantity Surveying duties for internal and external construction contracts including residential, heritage, restoration, refurbishment, commercial and civil Engineering.
- Assisting with winning future contracts by assisting with enquiries, take-off’s, quotation evaluations and general estimating
- Generally Increasing supplier and subcontract approved list whilst maintaining and improving current working relationships
- Preparing package tender and contract documents including bills of quantities and liaising with the architect and or in-house client, tender adjudication
- Assisting in establishing the in-house client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Writing reports and preparing documents accurately and to timescales (plans, contracts, budgets)Carrying out risk management, value management and cost control through the whole life of projects
- Costing and control of preliminaries
- Controlling budgets and undertaking internal valuations and agreeing sub-contractor valuations
- Placing work packagesManaging disputes from investigating issues through to dispute resolution
- Maintaining knowledge of current projects and providing detailed update reports
- Financial reporting. Providing monthly cost and valuation reports
- Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
- Procuring materials and negotiating with sub-contractorsManaging sub-contractorsFinal account settlement
- Must live within Shropshire
- Experience as an Estimator within a construction company that delivers Resdiential and commercial projects
- £52k - £58k plus package
Adam at Consortio recruitment is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.