Shipping & Maritime
Our client is a ship management company who have a heritage in the shipping market that stems back over 40 years. They are one office of a larger group who keep a fleet of 190 ships globally. This particular office manages 90 ships split almost equally between wet and dry. They have had a strong performance over the last few years and are in a good place to be planning some strategic hiring. They are aiming to bring in the next generation of technical personnel to their team to deal with succession planning. They want to ensure that the members of staff going on to retire have time to pass on their valuable information and skills prior to their leaving.
Currently there is a requirement for a Fleet Manager to join and look after a section of the fleet. If you were successful you will be dealing with the dry side of their business overseeing container ships. You will be overseeing your team of Technical Superintendents to ensure that the technical management of the vessels is up to scratch. A core aspect of your role is being the link between the owners and your vessel managers so it’s important to have diplomatic skills and know how to offer a good customer service.
- Be very experienced in ship management having an extensive career in managing vessels in the role of Superintendent.
- Have a suitable qualification such as a class 1 or 2 or have qualified as a Naval Architect or equivalent.
- Have worked for a major part of your career in the dry market. You must have been working with contianers inside the last 5 years
- Have at least 2 years’ experience as a Fleet Manager. A Senior Superintendent may be considered however preference will be offered to anyone with experience as a Fleet Manager first
- Possess the right to live and work in the UK
This role is a potential step up for some and the client is succession planning at present. This role could lead on to the next step on the ladder such as Technical Manager. Further to that an attractive package is available for this role.