Site & Construction, Construction
Health And Safety Advisor - Site based
Edinburgh - Scotland
Consortio Recruitment Group have partnered with one of our clients and we are looking to hire a H&S Advisor for a Hotel construction project in the heart of Edinburgh Scotland. Our client is is an award-winning construction and fitout company that specialise in high end Hotel and Residential projects, operating throughout the UK and Ireland. The project based role will be running for 18 Months.
The H&S Advisor will help manage H&S along with the site team ensuring all persons on site comply with their Safe Systems of Work and relevant legislation and that safety policies are adopted and adhered to.
- Review / Prepare RAMS
- Chair weekly site H&S meetings
- Carry out safety inspections & fire drills
- Help ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Carry out Site Inductions with all new persons on site and check training
- Record incidents and accidents and produce reports for management
- Adopt a Continuous Improvement approach to processes and practices
- To perform the role in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute towards an overall company culture of sharing information and knowledge where there is a focus on solving issues as a team with a ‘can-do’ attitude and removing barriers to success
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
To perform successfully in this role, you will need:
- CSCS Card
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively both alone and in a team environment
- Recent and relevant Health and Safety experience in a similar position in Construction
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) to build relationships with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders
- Experience of handling H&S investigations and providing advice to manager/supervisors
- High attention to detail
- A proactive and flexible working approach with the ability to adapt to changing situations and duties
- Continually seeking ways to improve, adapt and innovate while meeting compliance and commercial requirements
Negotiable for the right person
Adam at Consortio Recruitment Group is managing this role