Site & Construction, Construction
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients who are a leading carpentry joinery and construction building company. As a very successful established company, who have been contracting for some of the UK’s leading developers for almost 30 years. We are requiring a Junior / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join them permanently. This is due to continued growth as a business. Our client has extensive experience in domestic, refurbishment projects and also commercial developments.
As a well-established carpentry & joinery contractor, predominately working in the new-build sector, they have long-standing relationships with some of the countries biggest developers, including St Edward, Berkeley Homes and Barratt Group.
What makes them different?
The have a fantastic working environment and have remained a friendly, family business with a family feel to them. They are a modern thinking company. They are big believers in work life balance and looking after employees mental health, whilst still achieved the end goal as a business. They offer flexible working and a office environment with a casual dress code (no suit and ties here) they want the environment to be relaxed in culture.
What they are looking for
- A Junior/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor with 2 years experience in Construction or within a carpentry/joinery sector.
- The role will report into Operations Director and include the below:
- QS responsibilities, including payment application, variation tracking
- Contract administration- tracking contract progress, collating Extension of Time claims
- Estimating- creating pricing documents, taking off
- Assisting with material procurement, including dealing with suppliers
- Assisting with Technical Submittals, RFI’s and Technical queries
- A QS qualification
- Estimating experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Excel Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A can-do attitude, with ability to work on own initiative
This is dependent on experience, but they can offer a very competitive package.
To express your interest then please submit your most up to date CV. Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role. All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.