Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Consortio have partnered with a UK based OEM company that specializes in engine repairs, servicing and diesel injection. This company has 80 years’ experience in the field and are currently expanding. They offer many services within the maritime business and are focused on ensuring specialized services to their valued customers. Due to their rapidly expanding business they are looking for a Lead Workshop Engineer to join the team.
As a Lead Workshop Engineer you will be based in the workshop managing a team of specialist diesel engineers with occasional field work. You will be responsible for routinely quality checking components and key stages of overhaul and rebuild. You will be arranging and allocating jobs to the engineers and leading the team that will be stripping engines down, cleaning, calibrating and rebuilding them.
To be eligible for this role you need to have:
- Engineering experience in marine diesel 4 stroke engines.
- Have good leadership skills and be a people person.
- Be able to determine if engine components are fit for overhaul or scrap.
- Be a skilled machinist familiar with seat cutting and seat pocket cutting.
- Have basic IT skills in order to be able to liaise with other management.
This role offers an opportunity to join an exciting company on a permanent contract with endless opportunities to succeed and progress within your career. In reward there are extensive benefits and furthermore, an extremely competitive salary.