Site & Construction, Construction
Mechanical Design Engineer
Fareham - Hampshire
We’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Client. Consortio Recruitment Group have partnered with a client who, for over 70 years have maintained their focus on high-quality workmanship and first-class customer service. Today, many of the UK’s top housing developers, blue-chip and public sector organisations work alongside our client.
Our client provides a truly integrated and efficiently managed end-to-end service for the mechanical, electrical, and renewable energy requirements across the construction industry.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will take part in detailed design and coordination of mechanical solutions including Heating, ventilation air-conditioning systems (HVAC), Domestic water systems, Gas systems, above ground drainage systems. Additionally, you will support the business for a range of projects from varying market sectors, with services being provided from inception / feasibility to detailed co-ordinated construction working design. You will get to work on a variety of commercial projects and residential projects.
Key responsibilities include:
Read designs, feedback, calculations
- Produce engineering concepts and technical solutions compliant to project requirements.
- To develop the design of mechanical equipment to a level sufficient for manufacturer and functionality.
- Coordinate specialist contractors designs and technical information for incorporation into project designs.
- Provide technical support and liaison to Clients and Contractors.
- Carry out administration and submission of designs and technical documentation.
What qualifications and skills are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Engineer who has previous experience working within an M&E building services background, but other backgrounds will be considered.
- Previous experience of project design in mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrate understanding of the process and need for coordination with other design disciplines.
- Degree BSc / BEng qualification in Mechanical Engineering on similar.
- Proficiency with CAD software.
- Confidently and accurately carry our mechanical calculations.
- Strong time management skills and confident ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong people management and communication skills
- Professional focus on quality, safety, and compliance
- Positive attitude and confident leadership skills
- Good IT skills are essential
· Full clean driving licence
- Full-time position offering a competitive salary up to £68,000
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays (increased over time)
- Company pension
- Car allowance or company car
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role.07999 992109 / 02380 981216