Civil Engineering, Construction
Group Operations Manager
Uckfield - East Sussex
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our civil / groundworks engineering clients who are requiring a strong Operations Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
The Company has a wealth of experience in all aspects of civil engineering which, together with a non-confrontational approach and a commitment to applying best practice, has built its outstanding reputation for service, quality and cost effectiveness demanded in today's markets.
Throughout its continued growth and diversification over the last 75 years , it has remained a family firm, with the loyalty and dedication of the 120 permanent staff being a key factor in maintaining the teamwork ethos, on which their success to date depends.
The Company is always looking forward and invests heavily in training and development, with particular emphasis on Health & Safety training for every member of the team.
The successful applicant will be able to work autonomously in support of the Directors to oversee the broad spectrum of our operational areas, including implementing our processes and procedures to maintain our ISO standards in Health & Safety, Quality and Environment, as well as working with existing and potential Clients to develop new business.
Responsibilities will include
• Engaging with Clients to understand their needs, resolve queries and develop future opportunities.
• Monitoring all operations to ensure they are executed in the most effective way.
• Improving operational management systems and processes in conjunction with the SMT • Maintaining legal compliance of Company’s systems and processes
• Monitoring and formulating strategic and operational objectives
• Overseeing and carrying out Safety, Quality and Environmental audits and monitor KPIs
• Assisting with recruitment, performance reviews and developing training plans
• Taking part in tender adjudications.
• Working alongside the estimating and commercial teams to maximise opportunities and minimise risks to achieve the best possible project costs.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in an operational role or a strong background in operations and construction
• Civil engineering knowledge / experience desirable
• Good understanding of the NEC / JCT suites of contracts.
• Ability to achieve, manage and motivate others to deliver tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Negotiable, for the right person. Very competitive
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role, all correspondence is treated with the strictest of confidence. Please send through your most up to date CV
Office - 02380 981216
Mobile - 07999 992 109