Site & Construction, Construction
Construction - High End
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients and we are requiring a Project Director to join them, on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading high end building construction organisation for the county as well as for most of the South of England.
They have multiple offices across the South of England, but this role will be based out of their Dorset office. Their traditional ethos and expert craftsmanship has built a reputation for high class refurbishments and renovations of country homes, as well as period town houses and listed properties. The company also constructs bespoke new houses for private clients, both contemporary and traditional in style.
With a turnover of £60M per year they are growing year on year in their history spanning over 60 years, this is a very strong time in their history to be joining them.
As the Project Director you will take lead responsibility for one or more large high value projects, directing and managing multi-disciplinary project teams, proactively working with Pre-Construction throughout the bid stage and, following bid handover, provide exemplary leadership and direction to the project team throughout the delivery and post completion phase of the projects.
The role involves taking responsibility for planning and coordinating overall project strategy and managing performance of the projects across all disciplines to meet or exceed the contractual obligations, projected profit margins and other project KPI’s. You will work independently and be capable of effective decision making and directing the project to achieve the highest standards of performance. Your project related decisions must be in the best interests of Business.
You will be responsible for establishing a constructive project culture, a clear strategy with targets to drive momentum. As a primary role you will be responsible for demonstrating effective leadership and the management of both direct and indirect team members, working collaboratively with extensive number of professional design and client team members, across multiple phases or projects.
In addition to a broad construction knowledge and project management experience, your essential skills must be in the effective management of people, delivery of strategic project objectives, forward planning, effective programming, and accurate reporting of progress.
Work collaboratively with the Divisional Managers and other key personnel to promote best practice and ensure that projects are delivered to the highest standards.
- Typically, 5+ years experience as a Senior Project Manager in the construction industry.
- The management of large and complex projects of typical value £20m+, involving complex contractual, operational, and commercial activities.
- Managing a direct project team consisting of 10+ people and at least 5 direct reports where you can evidence collaborative and effective people management and leadership skills.Coordination of professional consultants, typically 10+ disciplines, working collaboratively to direct, influence and manage the team.
- Understanding and managing complex project information with extensive and demanding change control requirements.
- Delivering large and complex 2 stage projects involving the demands of package pricing and negotiation, including management of extensive risk and opportunity.
- Evidence self-learning and ongoing CPD in the development of skills and knowledge.
- A relevant construction qualification (Degree or NVQ in Construction Management).
- In depth understanding of JCT standard contractual terms and amendments.
- Extensive commercial awareness and acumen.Advanced capability in planning and programming.Ability to identify and strategically plan around risk and opportunity.
- Design coordination of stand-alone and interrelated CDP, sometimes managing a Design Coordination team.
- Management of extensive and complex SHE activities (NEBOSH Construction Preferred or willing to gain NEBOSH accreditation with RWA).
- Management of extensive compliance activities.
- Management and delivery of demanding quality expectations.
- Contemporary construction methods and detailing on large scale projects.
- Traditional construction methods and detailing on large scale projects.
- Conservation and listed buildings.Basements, RC substructures and other civils orientated project packages.
- Extensive and high value residential fit outs, including highly bespoke design led and artisan trade packages.
- Indoor swimming pool construction.Extensive landscaping projects.
- Competency in the use of IT software packages including as a minimum;Outlook, Word, Excel etc. Use of document filing systems.Elecosoft Power Project.PDF editing.
- 24 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Salary+Car Allowance
- Private Medical Health Care
- 5 Company Sick Days
- Standard Pension
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing the role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.