Site & Construction, Construction
Our client has built a reputation ovber the last 60 years of strong delivery within the construction sector throughout the North West. With a turnover in the region of £35m p/a, their reputation is built on a collaborative partnering approach and a continuous focus on the best outcome possible for our partners, clients and communities, delivering predominantly residential newbuild social housing and Extra Care schemes.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Quantity Surveyor & Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team, working on sites across the North West covering a wide range of construction projects. The positions will be full-time, and mainly site based.
We are seeking personable, creative and commercially minded candidates, to take responsibility, ownership and accountability for managing and controlling all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of a project to maximise the company’s profitability, protect the company’s obligations under the contract and to manage commercial issues proactively. Reporting directly to the Chief Quantity Surveyor, the role will entail:
- Managing main and subcontracts
- Preparing and agreeing monthly interim valuations and final accounts
- Recording, costing and agreeing contract variations
- Internal monthly cost/value reconciliation cost reports
- Subcontract procurement including preparing tender enquiries, reconciling quotations and placing subcontract orders
- Management notification and payment of subcontract interim and final accounts.
- Managing payment of consultants’ interim and final accounts
- Day to day cost control and cashflow forecasting
- Assisting the development and training of trainee and assistant surveyors Maintaining and developing professional relationships
The candidate will require
- Relevant post graduate experience within a Quantity Surveying position, and detailed knowledge of JCT & NEC forms of contract
- Qualification to at least BSc level in Quantity Surveying
- Flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to work on more than one scheme, operating to tight deadlines
- To be confident, personable, creative, self-motivated, and enthusiastic and to able work collaboratively as part of a team
- Good IT skills including excel and various digital information management systems
- Full UK driving license.
- Available to work within a 10 mile radius of Manchester
An attractive remuneration package will be offered for the right candidate. Contact Adam at Consortio for a confidential chat about the role.