Site & Construction, Construction
Barking - Borough Of London
Office & Site based
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients and we are requiring a Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis. Our client is a family run construction main contractor who have a history expanding back over 80 years.
With a team based management structure and long serving members of staff retaining knowledge and expertise within the company. Quality and personal service are the twin foundations of their business.
Their positive attributes include an open culture of shared responsibility, attention to detail, continual learning, a passion for building and pride in delivery. Management and staff work together as a team, committed to the highest standards in design, build quality and client services.
Our client operates across a range of sectors: - Commercial (light industrial), Community, Education (state owned and private owned schools / facilities), Health, Heritage, Residential (private and public), Leisure and the Performing Arts. Contract values typically range from £1,000,000 - £20,000,000 and will take place in Central, Greater London and the North and Eastern Home Counties.
- Exposure to the full project lifecycle with involvement across pre-construction through to project delivery
- Managing the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement and client final account negotiation to ensure the best possible outcome Recruitment Requirements
- Attending monthly CVR meetings for presentation of current financial situation on project as well as producing accurate cashflow
- Commercial administration and management on live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- Management and control of subcontract orders, accounts and variation accounts in line with the main contract and sub-contract database
- Manage subcontractor and professional services selection for schemes, ensure the chosen contractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work, and helping to prepare procurement schedules liaising with legal counsel as required regarding contractual information
- Develop an understanding of all designated contracts, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout the contracts
- Reporting to a Senior Surveyor Candidate Profile
- Possession of HNC or above in Quantity Surveying or a similar discipline
- Strong commercial acumen
- Being able to remeasure accounts on all trades
- Being able to produce a bill of quantities from drawings (regardless of the method of measurement)
- Excellent negotiation skills with the supply chain and / or external clients to ensure the business maximises profit throughout
- Excellent level of numeracy and verbal communication skills
- IT skills in MS Excel and Word
Salary & Benefits
The right candidate would negotiate a very attractive remuneration package, whilst also benefiting from potential long term stability, from a company that seeks to continually improve its relationships with employees, clients, consultants and subcontractors alike.
- Competitive salary
- Travel allowance
- 26 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Private health care (after qualifying period)
- Company pension contributions @ 6% (after qualifying period)
- Annual professional membership covered by company
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role, all correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.