Site & Construction, Construction
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with a Tier 1, award winning new build construction company and we are looking to bring on a Quantity Surveyor to join them. This is a permanent role and a fantastic opportunity to work on prestigious projects, covering the West Sussex region.You will be joining a region that is still growing and a great large portfolio of works. You will be joining a commercial team consisting of 1 lead Surveyor, 2 senior Surveyors, 2 surveyors, 2 Assistant Surveyors and a Grad Surveyor. The initial project you be working on will be in Hindhead and 110 units. This project will be lasting 2 years.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Preparation of reports as required
- Identifying risks and opportunities
- Understanding the approved budget and package breakdowns
- Monitoring changes to continuously identify the status of costs
- Liaising with all members of the project team, including but not limited to construction, technical, sales, finance, and customer service
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives
- Preparing scope of works and trade packages
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Subcontract tendering
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings
- Preparing subcontract documentation
- Raising subcontractor payments and ensuring associated notices and documentation are issued in a timely manner
- Forecasting value of design variations
- Agreeing variations with subcontractors
- Producing subcontractor instructions
- Agreeing final accounts with subcontractors
- Fully completing monthly cost reports for approval
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required
- Surveying Degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of current Building Regulations and current NHBC standards
- Good technical knowledge
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the wider aims of the business
- Knowledge of standard forms of contract
- Computer literate, specifically with Outlook, word, excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative, managing conflicting demands in a time pressurised environment
- Ability to meet demands whilst under pressure
- Extremely organised and confident with the ability to plan own and team workload
- Attention to detail
- Effective at building relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and share new ideas
- Ability to challenge current ways of working with innovative ideas and solutions
- Starting salary £55k (potential for higher) + car allowance (£6.5k) + annual bonus (up to 22%).
- Flexi working
- Working on new/upcoming development (Hindhead and/or Farnham), timber frame construction
- Expected to work minimum 1 day week on site, and 2/3 days in the office.
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role. All correspsondence is treated ion the strictest of confidence