Site & Construction, Construction
Durham - North East
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with a client who are an award winning, financially sound construction main contractor who deliver commercial build projects, and civil projects and social housing projects both private and public. They have secured repeat business and currently have frameworks up to 5 years in the area. We are requiring a Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis. The role will be a mixture of site based and office in the area. You will have experience with NEC contracts to be considered.
- Preparation of Interim Valuations and Final Accounts
- Procurement of sub-contractors in line with target programme and company policy requirements for competency of sub-contractors, recommendations, orders, warranties. including pre-order meetings
- Contract administration of sub-contracts (including progress meetings, delay evaluation, variations, day works, clean up notices, damages, material waste, defects, relevant notices
- Timely and accurate assessment and payment of sub-contractors applications and issuance of payment notifications to sub-contractor, including contra charges
- Final Account agreement of sub-contract accounts
- Measurement of quantities both on site and from drawings, where required
- Timely and accurate evaluation of variations, provisional sum expenditure and monitoring of the same
- Weekly direct labour and plant subcontractor payments if required
- Material cost control
- Accurate production of internal valuations, sub-contract liabilities and cost value reconciliations in line with the Commercial reporting timetable
- Working closely with the Site Manager and rest of delivery team to monitor progress and its effect on margin and producing joint monthly preliminaries budgets
- Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept and maintained
- Delay identification, notification, in tandem with Quantity Surveying line manager
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Key Measurements:
- Achieving deadlines
- Improving profit margin
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a relevant HND or equivalent
- Experience of working on projects within the relevant sector or as specific to project
- Personal Skills:Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately
- Able to produce accurate work within required deadlines
- Has a “can do/ will do” attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- To work safely and efficiently
- Keep people informed of progress on key tasks
- Displays good time management skills
- Polite and approachable at all timesIs open to new ideas and listens to other people’s point of view
- Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development?
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner
Salary package - Negotiable
Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.