Site & Construction, Construction
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients who are one of the UK,s leading construction companies. The successful candidate will be joining one of the largest family run construction business’ dealing with a diverse range of interesting and challenging projects across multiple sectors. The primary work is mostly commercial ranging from schools, colleges, universities and laboratories.
For this role you will need to be ambitious, self-motivated and able to work both independently and within our team of like minded individuals. You will have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, and you will need to hold a clean driving license.
You need to be a conscientious, organised and a pro-active team player, highly motivated and committed to achieving company targets and always focused on the task in hand. You should be able to use initiative and prioritise effectively to meet tight deadlines, working independently or as part of a team. This is mainly an office-based role, working alongside and with the existing Estimating Team based in Cambridge.
There will be a mixture of office based and remote working and the flexibility to work. Experience from leading Commercial, Education and Healthcare projects would be ideal but not essential.
This role would be suited to an experienced estimator looking of his next move with a financially secure and stable organisation which is expanding and developing into new regions. We would consider an experienced estimator who is ready to take the step up into a Senior role.
- Producing cost plans from RIBA stage 0 (elementally on historic data) to stage 3 (fully measured and rated) Training will be given.
- Taking-off from drawings using Autodesk
- Design Review to produce detailed cost plans and quantity checks on the produced BQs
- Leading the tender enquiry process
- Allocation of elemental
- BQ items into works packages
- Subcontractor comparisons & identifying scope gaps
- Working with the supply chain to provide value engineering options
- Pricing of site preliminaries
- Providing information on key risks and opportunities at tender settlement
- Using BCIS data to elementally benchmark, TPIs for inflation forecasting & rebasing with location factorisation
- Pricing competitive tenders under the direction of the estimating director
- Reviewing contract and other commercial data
- Attending client meetings
- Presenting tender information to project teams
- Reviewing tender documents prior to pricing and completing ‘Enquiry Checklist’ to determine pricing level
- Taking off groundwork’s packages
- Completing ‘Risk and Opportunity’ Registers
- Liaising with buying department to obtain material quotations
- Pricing groundworks on Labour, Plant and Materials basis for Pre-Construction Managers review
- Tender adjudication with Commercial Director
- Pricing variations and additions
- Creating material lists and obtaining and comparing quotations
- Conducting site visits
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Experience within construction is desired.
- Demonstrated a strong work ethic throughout their career is essential.
- Experience with Causeway and Excel estimating software is desired.
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to think commercially
- Team player, ability to work under pressure & strong time management skills
- Dependent on experience/qualifications and subject to negotiation.
Adam at Consortio Recruitment have been managing this role. All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.