Site & Construction, Construction
We are working with a fantastic premium main contractor on their Gloucestershire wide projects Being a forward thinking, modern and future inspired Main contractor they design, construct, and finish to the highest standard in the construction Sector. This role will be based across the Gloucestershire regain, but mainly in the head office that is based Gloucester.
In this role as the Estimator /Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for liaising with clients from the start of the build all the way to completion of the projects. Dealing with existing clients finding better deals with them and liaising with there needs, getting on new clients and pushing the company forward. to measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications for payment including final accounts, take timely and proper action (e.g., notices) in accordance with the contract. Assist with preparation of contractual claims, contribute to the set up and review of the project risk register and financial and contractual needs of a contract are fully met in line with the required standards and time constraints.
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- A problem solver with the ability to multi-task, coordinate all site operatives and deadlines
- Manage the project critical path
- Understand construction technologies and methods
- Interpret contracts and drawings
- Current SMSTS
- Intermediate Level IT Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Understanding of cost management
- Strong communication skills
- Well organised and good time management & procuring materials
- A team leader with excellent interpersonal skills
- Holder of a full valid UK driving licence
In exchange for working hard our client offers an excellent salary and benefits for this role. However, the real reward in taking on this role is the freedom you will have to explore ideas and drive innovation coupled with the fact you will be being actively mentored by a great leader in forecourts & commercial developing. Our client is offering an environment for the successful candidate to develop professionally and take the next step up the career ladder. A real opportunity you should not miss!