Site & Construction, Construction
Project Quantity Surveyor
Consortio recruitment Group have partnered with a Construction company who work across sectors including commercial, fit out, retail and data centres. With an exceptional reputation for high-quality commercial developments and innovation, our client is recognised as Scotland’s leading commercial property company.
We are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor based in Glasgow; you’ll support construction projects across Central Glasgow. You’ll be a team player and be responsible keeping close control of costs.
We are looking for an individual who is self motivated and a team player to work on a portfolio of high quality commercial projects. This will be a site based role.
What you’ll do:
- Preparing bills of quantities and schedules of works for pricing projects
- Dealing with tender stage subcontract and material enquiries
- Assisting with subcontract procurement, agreement, payment and award
- Attending, contributing to and taking minutes of meetings as required
- Preparing valuations agreeing amounts for payment and ensuring invoices are prepared and issued
- Re-measuring work using site measurement and measurement from drawingsInforming sub-contractors of contract variations
- Dealing with contractual issues from a commercial perspective
- Provision of cost advice to Design Consultants
- Assisting with reporting on contract performance via monthly cost/value reconciliations
- Agreeing client and sub-contract final accounts.
What you'll need:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Previous Construction industry experience is required
- Main Contractor experience essential
- Consultant Appointments & Warranties
- Procurement experienceMeasurement (NRM/SMM)
- Construction Contracts (Incl. D&B)Negotiation skills
- Risk Management experience
- Valuation of changeInterim & Final valuations
- Cost/ Value Reconciliation
- Valid CSCS card (desirable)
- Valid driving licence
What we offer in return for your hard work?
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Professional growth opportunities
- Increased company pension
- 24/7 Support Line and Face to Face counselling through our EAP.
- OnDemand GP appointments, avoiding those NHS wait times.
- Life Assurance (4x salary)Discounts on retailers, cinema, and holidays.Cycle to Work scheme.And loads more!
Adam at Consortio Recruitment Group is managing this role.