Civil Engineering, Site & Construction, Construction
Consortio Recruitment have partnered with one of our clients who are requiring a SHEQ Manager to be the lead Advisor supporting the Waste, Recycling, Aggregate and group operations. With offices in Reading, Hook and Andover and 9 Recycling facilities across the Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire, this will be a mixture of office and fixed site visits in the role.
This role will include developing and delivering both proactive and reactive strategies, site inspections and programmes to reduce incidents at site and office whilst promoting continual improvement.
It will involve regular interaction with our supply chain and both our on & off site staff to develop safe and healthy working relationships, whilst advising and supporting operational teams on Project-specific health, safety, quality and environment issues.
Actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to plans aimed at reducing the occurrence of incidents.
Ensure that site teams are proactive, up to date and comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, best practice and Company standards.
The role will predominantly be centred from our (Hampshire) office covering our fixed sites in the south of UK but may require occasional UK wide travel.
(Although ideally based from our Hampshire office, consideration will be given to the right candidate to be based form one of our other office locations)
The individual will report to the HSQE Director and act as lead HSQE advisor supporting group fixed site activities including recycling, waste, aggregate and support functions. Potentiall there may be support to the Demolition and Contracting Operations as required.
Skills And Experience
· Relevant HSQE experience in waste, recycling or aggregate operations (additional demolition / construction experience desirable but not essential)
· Experience and knowledge of Environmental regulations, obligations and requirements as relevant to the Waste and or Recycling Industry.
· (Experience of monitoring operating permits for recycling, waste and aggregate sites desirable but not essential)
· Hold a Minimum qualification of NEBOSH Certificate and IOSH membership (working towards Chartered Status).
· Ideally hold an Environmental qualification (IEMA or equivalent)
· Experience working with transport / haulage operations, mobile plant and site engineering teams.
· Experience working with management systems 45001, 14001 and 9001.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate and engage at all levels.
· Autonomous role, managing your own diary conducting site visits to pre agreed requirements.
· Excellent verbal and written skills
PC Literate - with experience of using Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and use of the internet.
- very competitive / negotiable for the right person
- Adam at Consortio Recruitment is managing this role, all correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence. Direct line - 02380 981216