Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Please call for more information.
Consortio, in collaboration with a leading company dedicated to ensuring the safety of Britain's busiest inland waterway, is seeking a skilled Support Engineer. The company operates the most advanced port control service, facilitating the secure movement of leisure and commercial vessels. Responsible for 100 miles of river, environmental protection, and user safety, this company actively promotes the use of the river for trade and travel. As a Support Engineer, you will play a vital role in managing the helpdesk function, providing high-quality support, and contributing to the safety of navigation.
As a Support Engineer, you will manage the navigation systems team's helpdesk function, ensuring efficient ticket resolution and providing 1st / 2nd line support to end-users. Your responsibilities include diagnosing and resolving faults, acting as a single point of contact for end-users, and ensuring service availability targets are achieved. Additionally, you will monitor, maintain, and administer key components of systems, infrastructure, and sensor estate, emphasizing safety of navigation and customer service excellence.
- Manage the helpdesk function, capturing, prioritizing, progressing, and resolving tickets efficiently.
- Diagnose and resolve 1st and 2nd line faults in a timely manner, increasing end-user knowledge.
- Act as a single point of contact and 'front of house' for the navigation systems team's end-users.
- Take ownership of tickets, resolving or escalating and working with colleagues and suppliers for resolution.
- Escalate issues promptly to appropriate colleagues, management team, or suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure targets for service availability are met.
- Log actions taken, investigate root causes, and capture future requirements.
- Share information appropriately and keep customers or stakeholders updated.Lead communication with internal customers, ensuring planned or emergency works are communicated, and impacts are understood and mitigated.M
- onitor, maintain, and administer equipment and services related to the navigation systems estate for performance and security.
- Ensure appropriate backup of all systems is in place for emergency recovery.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High standard of education, with a minimum of NVQ Level 5 or equivalent in IT, computer science, or related topics, including a good standard of English and Mathematics.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in a comparable service-delivery role.
- Knowledge of relevant GDPR and cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Willingness and ability to pass medical and practical assessments to work at height to a routine standard.
- Full driving license.
This role offers a permanent contract with extensive benefits, providing opportunities for career advancement within the multinational company. The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary.