Ports, Terminals & Tank Storage
Do you like an open culture, short lines and a no-nonsense mentality? Then you might be the colleague they are looking for to strengthen their young, dynamic team. My client is a rapidly growing tank storage company in an international environment and is active in the port of Ghent & Antwerp, among others. They specialize in the storage of liquid goods and logistics handling for third parties. To take care of the day-to-day operational management of the terminal in Ghent, they are looking for a Terminal Manager.
- As Terminal Manager you are ultimately responsible for the day-to-day management of the Terminal in Ghent.
- You report directly to the Chief Operations who monitors 6 terminals.
- You manage operations, maintenance, weighbridge, technicians and operators at the terminal: a team of 40 employees, including 7 direct reports.
- You are a generalist, a strong manager and a central point of contact, Someone who is in control and who makes adjustments where necessary.
- In addition, you also build a strong partnership with the central services of the group: the SHEQ team, Human Resources, customer service, the umbrella maintenance team, projects, IT, the commercial team, procurement administration, legal and planning and quantity control.
- Together with them you guarantee the safety of the terminal and guarantee optimal service to customers. In your role you have no P&L responsibility, but you do have clear budget authority and customer contact.
- You think about costs and revenues, monitor budgets and supervise improvement projects and investments. You can always spar with your manager (Chief Operations) and also with fellow Terminal Managers at other locations.
Overall a very broad and challenging position with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to further develop the terminal in Ghent. Working for a successful international group, local entrepreneurship and every opportunity for self-development. A corporate culture characterized by open, direct and honest communication and where drive goes hand in hand with collegiality. An attractive salary supplemented with extra-legal benefits such as a company car, group insurance, option to join optional hospitalization insurance and a nice leave package.