Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy boasting an extensive history of bespoke design and engineering services. As a result of continued international success, they are always looking for ambitious, talented marine consultants, because of this they are looking for a new Naval Architect for their Engineering department!
Within the role you will be expected to undertake a number of multifaceted engineering analysis projects rooted in operations, design and surveying. This role will need you to be ‘hands-on’, with time needing to be spent out of the office with a strong client facing focus. You will be required to work with projects which require strong communication skills, tailoring solutions to the needs of your clients.
The ideal candidate should:
- Naval Architect or Structural Engineer Degree (Mechanical/Aero can also be considered)
- 5 years + experience in floating structures design and analysis (with at least 3 years in floating offshore Wind)
- Mooring, hydrostatic, hydrodynamic analysis experience
- Experience of DNV SESAM software and/or experience of ANSYS and AQWA software for floating structures
- Experience of wind turbine and controller modelling in SESAM / Orcaflex / Bladed software
- Experience of full aero-elastic-hydro-servo coupled modelling
- Experience of DNV floating wind rules, regulations, and design load casesExperience of fatigue analysis (structures)
This role gives you the opportunity to work for a market leader with a known reputation for developing their talent, in a rewarding, client facing role. If you want to continue your progression as a Senior Naval Architect for a company with a global reputation, then this is the opportunity for you!