Shipping & Maritime
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent owners and operators of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) carriers, providing LNG and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) services. Their purpose is to lead the way in the transfer of energy, to power life and keep the world in motion. They have rich values of integrity and aim to build a sustainable future for the gas sector. With a fleet of 90 vessels and 2500 shore and sea staff all over the globe, they are an industry leader in the ever-changing gas sector.
The role is for a HSEQ Manager, and you will be responsible for the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies across 15 LNG and LPG Carriers. The perfect candidate will treat HSEQ Matters with the highest regard and act as the deputy designated person ashore for the company. You will be expected to monitor compliance with external management system standards (i.e., ISM Code and ISO 9001 and 14001). Furthermore, you will coordinate with all the various departments and showcase solutions for an effective safety management system. In addition to this you will review internal and external audit reports and liaise closely with all parties to ensure effective closure of findings and approve closures.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- The immediate right to live and work in the United Kingdom.~
- Good knowledge of international maritime regulations, statutory requirements, maritime safety, and security code (ISM Code, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISPS Code).
- Good knowledge and experience in marine industry HSEQ practices, marine Incident Investigation, and auditing.
- Certificate of Competency at Class 2 Unlimited or equivalent degree in maritime as a minimum.
- Certificate in Marine Incident Investigation.Sea going experience as Officer on Oil tanker or Gas tanker.
Our client is offering you the chance to join their team in the vibrant city of Glasgow. You will be given full training and have an amazing opportunity to build on your current skillset and there is amazing scope for future development. Furthermore, a competitive salary with an extensive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate.