Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Please call for more information.
Consortio has partnered with a worldwide known engineering consultancy that specializes in defence security and aerospace sector. This company has been running for the past 20 years and has been very successful and they also branch into the marine industry by providing support and maritime services to navies across the world and helping ship owners to remain cyber resilient. They also offer testing and evaluation of vessels using their world- class facilities . Due to remaining so successful they are looking for a Principal Structural Integrity Engineer to join their team.
As a Principal Structural Integrity Engineer you will be working to deliver the testing of ship structures and also submarines to see whether they are fit to sail in the environments that they will be subjected to. You will be responsible for the production of timely and proactive engineering outputs by attending meetings and being responsible for the team of engineers. Fully capturing and understanding the customers requirements and providing solutions to their problems will be a key part of your responsibility.
To be eligible for this role you need to have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Expert level understanding of Structural fatigue and fracture mechanics.
- Great communication skills due to being customer facing.
- Have membership at a relevant professional engineering institution at chartered level.
- Great understanding of welding processes and metallurgical failure analysis.
- Right to live and work in the UK- security clearance will be needed.
This role offers an opportunity to join an exciting, multinational company on a permanent contract with endless opportunities to succeed and progress within your career. In reward there are extensive benefits and furthermore, an extremely competitive salary.