Consortio is excited to be partnering one of the shipping industry’s most recognised and respected brands on an exclusive basis. With the acquisition of new CO2 carriers due to arrive August 2024, our client is now targeting a motivated Superintendent to join the London branch and grow in tandem with business.
The role is for a Technical Superintendent in their Tanker division, and you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned Chemical Tankers. You will be expected to assist in promoting and supporting our clients’ goals and understand the contractual agreements between ship owners and ship managers. Furthermore, you will develop, maintain, and monitor reports budgets for all assigned vessels. In addition to this you will monitor the effective operation of the equipment and machinery of your assigned vessels to comply with policies on efficiency, performance, and safety.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- Have 2 + years’ experience onshore in a similar capacity role.
- Sailing experience is necessary, higher ranked experience as a chief engineer would be preferred.
- Experience with LNG or LPG vessels, Tanker experience will still be considered.
- A desire to contribute to a growing team and promote a team focused mentality.
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- Excellent command of the English language in both the written and spoken sense.
Together with a competitive salary and sought-after company benefits such as hybrid working, the business boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry and is truly committed to internal progression providing employees with training and career autonomy.