Shipping & Maritime
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent owners and operators of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) carriers, providing LNG and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) services. Their purpose is to lead the way in the transfer of energy, to power life and keep the world in motion. They have rich values of integrity and aim to build a sustainable future for the gas sector. With a fleet of 90 vessels and 2500 shore and sea staff all over the globe, they are an industry leader in the ever changing gas sector.
This role is for a Vessel Manager for their LNG Fleet. Throughout the company, Vessel Managers are the ‘front line’ operators heading their ship management teams. Vessel Managers are fully supported in their role by Marine & Technical Services, HSEQ, Marine Assurance, Marine HR, and Business Analysts. The Vessel Managers will have full responsibility and accountability for the success of the operations and people on board their vessels. The measure of our success will be achieving all KPIs on a consistent basis, meeting the business unit expectations, and upholding the company brand.
In order to be considered for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- Have sailing experience as a Chief Engineer on Gas Carriers or Tankers or have relevant experience as a Vessel Manager.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of technical operations for the vessel types managed.
- Knowledge of propulsion plant onboard vessels managed.
- Knowledge of cargo containment system, cargo handling equipment and systems on board vessels managed.
Our client are offering you the opportunity to join their Team in the vibrant city of Glasgow. They are presenting a chance to either begin your shore career or the chance to develop your current skillset. Furthermore, a competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate.