Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Please call for more information.
Consortio has partnered with a global leading operator in bulk carriers and product/ chemical tanker markets. This shipping group is a leader within its market and is a family grown business that has been running for over 100 years. This company is very dedicated to ensuring the professional excellence of its people, the modern technology of the fleet and the commitment to social responsibility. They make a conscious effort to support the professional growth of their people and to finance a modern, eco-friendly and flexible fleet. Due to their continued success they are looking for a Junior Maritime Lawyer to join the team in Monaco.
As a Junior Maritime Lawyer you will be involved in contentious and non-contentious work that helps you to grow your knowledge of the shipping industry and also offers the opportunity to travel worldwide. You will be managing a mixture of maritime claims and will be able to regularly liaise with external lawyers, surveyors and P&I clubs as well as other maritime professionals. Within this role you will be helping the commercial and operational teams in negotiating and drafting maritime agreements and in the daily operations of the vessel.
To be eligible for this role you need to:
- Have 1-2 years’ experience working in a law firm that specializes in maritime law or an in house legal department in a shipping/brokering company or P&I club.
- Be fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Have the right to live and work in the EU.
- Have an excellent academic background focused in Maritime Law.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be familiar with shipping trade documentation; charterparties and bills of lading.
This role offers an opportunity to join an exciting, multinational company on a permanent contract with endless opportunities to succeed and progress within your career. In reward there are extensive benefits and furthermore, an extremely competitive salary.