Marine, Shipping & Maritime
Please call for more information.
Consortio have partnered with an independent maritime consultancy firm based in The Netherlands. They have been providing expert technical advice to P&I clubs shipping companies and insurers for nearly 100 years. They are specialized in claim handling, risk analysis, damage prevention and casualty research and have built up a fantastic reputation within the maritime sector. Due to their continued success they are looking to hire a Marine Surveyor to join their team.
As a marine surveyor you will be performing a range of surveys from condition surveys, determining the damage that has been caused to vessels and looking into personal injury claims. As an expert in this field you will be asked to give your technical opinion on many matters including guidance on ship maintenance and ship repairs. You will also be working as an arbitrator and mediator when providing assistance to courts, lawyers and other legal specialists in the maritime field.
To be eligible for this role you need to:
- Have 2-3 years of experience within surveying.
- Ideally have sailed up to Chief Engineer (Master Mariners and Naval Architects will be considered if surveying experience is significant enough).
- Have the right to live and work in the EU and be able to relocate (if necessary) to The Netherlands.
- Speak fluent English and ideally speak a good level of Dutch.
- Be flexible and eager to learn new skills.
This role offers an opportunity to join an exciting, independent company on a permanent contract with endless opportunities to succeed and progress within your career. In reward there are extensive benefits and furthermore, an extremely competitive salary. There is also the opportunity to become partner within the business once you have been within the company for a few years.