Shipping & Maritime, Shipping Commercial
Our client is presenting an extremely rare opportunity for a competitive ship broker to make the switch to working client side as a Charterer at a ship owner and operator and finally make that move that most dream of. This shipowner is an award winning multipurpose owner who covers both spot and time chartering.
Our client has grown into one of the worlds largest and most trusted carriers with a growing fleet of specialist multipurpose, heavy lift vessels. These vessels are transporting some of the most interesting, complex and challenging cargo around the world. They have an expanding global infrastructure of offices and supporting agencies across the globe.
With this in mind they are now looking to expand their office in Dubai by adding another ambitious Chartering Broker to their team of four. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with a desire to develop a career with a leading ship operator. The Chartering Department you would be joining comprises highly experienced professionals and operates one of the largest fleets of multipurpose heavy lift vessels in the sector.
- Promote the companies’ ocean transport solutions to target customer groups.
- Monitor and evaluate market developments in assigned trade lane/s, identifying chartering opportunities and assessing potential returns.
- Manage and negotiate terms and contracts with customers, to achieve maximum returns.
- Build solid understanding of each vessels cargo and stowage requirements and liaise with various other internal departments to optimize same.
Qualification and Personal Requirements:
- 2 years working experience within the bulk or project & heavy lift sector.
- Fluency in English
- A driven and passionate individual
This is an opportunity not to be missed. Consortio gets opportunities for brokers to switch to client side perhaps once every year so if you only apply to one job this year it should be this one! The team you will be working in is a tight team with outstanding experience and will providing mentoring for more junior applicants. Although this part of the business is fairly standalone and has that family small business feel still, the benefit is the wider group who owns them is one of the largest maritime organizations out there so there is all the security in this role you could hope for. Come and join our client and take your career down the path you had always dreamed of and from the exciting and sunny location of Dubai to earn in a tax free environment that is also fantastic for kids, schooling and a social life.