Ship Management , Shipping & Maritime
Our client is a sizable ship owner with offices globally offering safe and reliable marine services to customers worldwide. The company upholds its core values throughout its day to day running of the business and should you choose to become part of the team you should expect to demonstrate these guiding principles that help to define how the corporation would behave.
The role is available due to an internal promotion while the company enters a phase of cooperate restructure. This leaves an open permanent vacancy for a Dry Dock Superintendent to join the team. In this position, you will ensure that the vessel is technically ready to meet its service commitments by working closely with your engineers and guiding them on best practice. You will be controlling technical budgets while planning dry dockings and general repairs ensuring all necessary work is coordinated within timescales.
The chosen candidate must:
- Portray a strong character able to communicate at all levels.
- Be motivated to lead and manage in a collective team environment.
- Must hold Class one certificate or class two.
- Experience with setting and maintaining fiscal budgets.
- Shore side experience is not a prerequisite for application but would be preferred.
- Tugs experience shore or sailing is a plus.
This could be an ideal opportunity for a conscientious motivated individual who is looking for their first shore based role. However, our client would be delighted to hear from candidates with shore based experience. In return for your hard work you will be offered a competitive salary, pension scheme, health care and a car allowance. Our client’s philosophy is to develop from within their own resources through nurturing personal and professional development